Hakim Optical will officially be closing all locations at the end of this week, making Friday, March 20th, 2020, our last day of retail business until April 6th, 2020 or longer following government instruction.
For our customers requiring updated glasses or contact lens supplies, we encourage you to call your local store to ensure they can accommodate your needs as not all of our retail locations are open at this time.
As the situation regarding COVID-19 is changing rapidly, we would like to take this time to assure you that the health and safety of our customers and employees are at the centre of our priorities.
Hakim Optical has already established several preventative protocols in stores for your safety, as well as the safety of our staff before we close on Friday. We have reviewed our sanitization and hygiene protocols, been in contact with the College of Opticians and are following the instructions of the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Chief Public Health Officer.
We have adopted the following measures concerning the coronavirus for the safety of our customers and employees.
As of March 14th, the following measures were put in place:
- Communication with employees about the best preventative practices, such as frequent hand-washing, coughing or sneezing in one’s elbow, keeping watch of one’s state of health, and limiting physical contact with other people
- Cancellation of our participation in events, gatherings, and sponsorship activities
- Cancellation of all internal and external meetings, including meetings with suppliers
- Advising our employees to suspend handshakes and physical contact with fellow employees and customers and reminding employees to respect the public health safety rules
- We will continue to evaluate conditions on a market by market basis, but our goal is to remain open so that we can provide you with the items that you need for good vision.
- Cleaning all high touch areas such as checkout areas, credit card machines, door handles, lunchrooms, desktops, countertops, keyboards and telephones no less than every two hours.
- All eye frames handled by customers are disinfected in a mild bleach solution as per the CDC guidelines for sterilization
- Cancellation of all eye tests in store
We will continue to monitor Health Canada and the World Health Organization (WHO) for updates on the current situation and to help us guide our response.