After picking out frames, you’ll have to make a decision on the best lenses to use. There are a variety of options and it’s important to choose ones that fit your prescription and lifestyle.
- If you need vision correction for near-sightedness and far-sightedness, you might want to consider progressive lenses instead of having to buy separate pairs of single vision glasses.
- High-index lenses are a good option for those with strong prescriptions because they are thinner than traditional lenses.
- Photochromic lenses darken when exposed to sunlight, making them the best lenses for people that are outdoors or don’t want to carry around sunglasses.
- For active individuals or children that can’t be trusted to properly care for glasses, polycarbonate lenses are a good fit. They are impact-resistant and can withstand being dropped.
- Trivex lenses are another plastic alternative and provide similar durability to polycarbonate but have more central and peripheral optical clarity.
- Blue shield are the best lenses to help protect eyes and vision from the effects of digital devices and are good for people that spend the majority of their day in front of a computer.
- For colour-deficiency or colour-blindness, there are lenses available that can help people perceive a more accurate range of colours.
Choosing the best lenses for your specific needs is important. That’s why every Hakim Optical location has a licensed optician in-store to explain the different options and provide advice on which lenses would be best based on a person’s prescription and lifestyle. They will also take an accurate pupillary distance (PD) measurement to ensure lenses are properly produced.
At Hakim Optical, we are committed to providing our customers with fast and simple solutions to their eyewear needs. Our expert staff, one-hour labs and low prices combine for the complete shopping experience.