To keep your eyes healthy and vision safe, it’s important to practice good contact lens hygiene. Being careless with contact lenses can lead to bacteria building up or even an eye infection.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water, and thoroughly dry before handling your contact lenses.
- Rub and rinse lenses with contact solution before storing them for the night and in the morning before putting them in.
- Never use water in place of contact solution to clean, rinse or store lenses.
- Don’t top up the solution in your case. Always start with a clean case and fresh solution.
- Rinse out the contact lens case with solution and let air dry between uses.
- Avoid sleeping in lenses, unless they’re specifically meant for overnight wear.
- If you need to use eye drops, make sure they are made to use specifically with contact lenses.
- It’s recommended to always carry a pair of glasses with you in case you need to remove contact lenses for any reason.
You should also be scheduling regular eye exams, even if you are not experiencing any issues with your vision or contact lenses. Having your eyes professionally examined will help keep your eyes and vision healthy.
If you have any concerns or questions about your contact lenses or how to properly put them in or take them out, we suggest consulting an optician.
Hakim Optical is proud to serve Canada with over 160 locations.
We offer a free one-year frame guarantee, free consultations and free professional cleanings and adjustments.